DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (October 3, 2013) — As the NASCAR Drive for Diversity (#NASCARD4D) program approaches its 10-year anniversary, NASCAR and Rev Racing have selected the participants for the 2013 NASCAR Drive for Diversity Combine. The drivers will participate in a rigorous on- and off-track evaluation process for the opportunity to join the NASCAR D4D program and compete for Rev Racing during the 2014 season. The combine will be held at Langley Speedway in Hampton, Va., from Oct. 21-23.
The annual Combine is the first step in identifying and developing the future stars of the sport. Kyle Larson and Darrell Wallace Jr. are among the drivers who have graduated from the NASCAR D4D program after attending the annual combine and driving for Rev Racing. Ryan Gifford, who currently drives for Rev Racing in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East, made his NASCAR Nationwide Series debut driving for Richard Childress Racing on Aug. 3.
“The NASCAR Drive for Diversity Program has contributed to the success of some of the most promising young drivers and crew members in our sport,” said Marcus Jadotte, NASCAR vice president, public affairs and multicultural development. “The drivers announced today will have an opportunity to compete at the 2013 D4D Combine and earn a place on the 2014 NASCAR Drive for Diversity/Rev Racing roster.”
NASCAR officials and Rev Racing representatives chose the 20 up-and-coming drivers from 95 applicants representing the United States, Canada and Latin America.
“We are excited about this year’s group of Combine participants,” said Max Siegel, owner/CEO of Rev Racing. “They represent a great cross-section of talent and experience, and any one of them would make a great addition to the 2014 Drive for Diversity team.”
The 2013 NASCAR Drive for Diversity Combine participants include:
- Devon Amos, 22 Rio Rancho, N.M.
- Annabeth Barnes, 18 Mooresville, N.C.
- George Beasley, 21 Las Vegas, Nev.
- Nicole Behar, 15 Otis Orchards, Wash.
- Ryan Bernal, 19 Hollister, Calif.
- Collin Cabre, 19 Thonotosassa, Fla.
- Meagan Creech, 20 Ashland, Va.
- Claire Decker, 18 Eagle River, Wis.
- Paige Decker, 20 Eagle River, Wis.
- Natalie Decker, 16 Eagle River, Wis.
- Ruben Garcia, Jr., 17 Mexico City, Mexico
- Blake Kisner, 18 Chanute, Kan.
- Katlynn Leer, 14 St. Moulton, Iowa
- Jack Madrid, 18 San Clemente, Calif.
- Hannah Newhouse, 16 Twin Falls, Idaho
- Sergio Pena, 20 Catharpin, Va.
- Dylan Smith, 21 Randolph, Vt.
- Kenny Stewart II, 16 Carson, Calif.
- Cody Thompson, 20 Fremont, Calif.
- Sam Wright, 18 Vancouver, Wash.
An additional eight young drivers will join these 20 drivers on Oct. 23 and compete for the opportunity to drive for Rev Racing during the 2014 Summer Shootout Series in INEX Legends and Bandoleros.
- Jairo Avila, 17 Alhambra, Calif.
- Austin Geer, 11 Johns Creek, Ga.
- Kylin Hammer, 11 Meadowview, Va.
- Ryleigh Lemonds, 10 Yorktown, Va.
- Enrique Limon, 15 Mexico City, Mexico
- Jaiden Reyna, 7 Newport News, Va.
- Ashley Rogero, 15 Naples, Fla.
- Walter Thomas, 15 Indianapolis, Ind.
All of the drivers attending the Combine will be mentored and coached by the Rev Racing staff, along with the team’s NASCAR K&N Pro Series East drivers Mackena Bell, Ryan Gifford, Bryan Ortiz and Daniel Suarez.
The Hampton Convention & Visitor Bureau and Langley Speedway have partnered with Rev Racing and NASCAR to support the 2013 NASCAR D4D Combine. Langley Speedway will host the Combine for the third consecutive year. The paved 0.395-mile short track is one of the flattest tracks in the region with six-degree banked corners and four degrees of banking on the straightaway. Langley Speedway is an ideal track to test the abilities of NASCAR’s up-and-coming talent.