NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Series
Lavar Scott, from Carney’s Point, New Jersey, will join the Rev Racing roster and the NASCAR Drive for Diversity Driver Development Program for the third season in 2022. Scott piloted a full-time ride in the NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Touring Series in 2021, securing his career-first Late Model win at Hickory Motor Speedway. This victory did not mark the first ever NASCAR-sanctioned win for Scott, as he competed in the NASCAR FB y Bohn Mikel‘s Trucks Series, a subseries of the NASCAR PEAK Mexico Series, this past summer, where he recorded a win at Autódromo del Ecocentro de la Unión Ganadera in Mexico driving for Dynamic Motorsports.
Scott tenure with Rev Racing began with his participation in the NASCAR Drive for Diversity Youth Driver Development Combine in 2019. Evaluators saw potential in his abilities and tested with Scott throughout the 2019 season. He was also invited to the 2019 NASCAR Drive for Diversity Driver Stock Car Combine in October, and was offered a seat in a U.S. Legend Car with Rev Racing in their Youth Driver Development Program during the 2020 season. The team continued to test his abilities in a Late Model throughout 2020, which ultimately earned his opportunity for a rookie season in the weekly touring series 2021.
Scott began his career racing in a 600 Micro Sprint. At just 12 years old, he raced in the Tulsa Shootout in December 2015.
- 2021: Career first NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Series win at Hickory Motor Speedway in September
- 2021: Career first win in the NASCAR FB y Bohn Mikel‘s Trucks Series at Autódromo del Queretaro in Mexico driving for Dynamic Motorsports
- 2020: Earned 4 top 10s and 1 top 5 in the Summer Shootout at Charlotte Motor Speedway
- Finishing 3rd in points in the 600 micro class in September 2018
- Winning 1st at Airport Speedway in the 600 micro class in May 2018
- Winning 1st at Hamlin, PA in the 600 micro (first win) in June 2016
- Racing the Tulsa shootout, in Oklahoma, at the age of 12 in Dec 2015