CONCORD, N.C. (June 20, 2013)
– Rev Racing will return to action with the Visit Hampton VA 175 NASCAR K&N Pro Series (NKNPS) East race at Langley Speedway on Saturday, June 22 in Hampton, Va.
The last time Bryan Ortiz, Daniel Suarez, Mackena Bell and Ryan Gifford hit the pavement at Langley Speedway was for the 2012 NASCAR Drive for Diversity combine, where their driving careers depended on how well they could find their way around the .396 mile oval. All four were selected for the 2013 Drive for Diversity class, and hope to find success once again at Langley this weekend.
The Visit Hampton VA 175 marks the midway point of the 2013 season, one which has been memorable for Rev Racing. Gifford came home with his first series win at Richmond in April, and Bell set the record for highest qualifying by a female in series history at Iowa the last time out.
Ryan Gifford (No. 2 NASCAR Technical Institute/UTI Toyota Camry)
– Gifford, who won his first NKNPS East race at Richmond earlier this year, is having a stellar season. He has three top-five finishes, 2 top-10s, and is currently sixth in points. This will be his third time racing at Langley, where he ran in 2011 and 2012 and qualified eighth and sixth respectively.
Bryan Ortiz (No. 4 L&M Toyota Camry)
– Ortiz has three top-10s this season, with a best finish of sixth at Pensacola, and is currently 10th in points. This will be his second NKNPS East race at Langley, where he qualified 10th in 2012 and finished sixth.
Daniel Suarez (No. 6 Rev Racing Toyota Camry)
– Suarez, who is racing in both the NKNPS East and NASCAR Toyota Series this season, will be competing at Langley for the first time. He has two top-10 finishes this season, with a best finish of seventh at Greenville, and is currently 12th in points.
Mackena Bell (No. 21 Toyota Racing Development Toyota Camry)
– Bell, who’s competing in her first full NKNPS East season, broke the record she had previously set, by becoming the highest qualifying female in series history with her fourth place qualifying effort at Iowa the last time out. She’s currently 11th in points and in contention to win Rookie of the Year honors. This will be her first NKNPS East race at Langley.
There will be a an autograph session at 5:30 p.m. followed by the race at 8:30 p.m. ET. Follow @RevRacin
on Twitter and Instagram for race updates.
The Visit Hampton VA 175 will air on Thursday, June 27 at 3 p.m. ET on SPEED.