After two weekends off, Michael Cherry, Becca Kasten and Megan Reitenour are ready to get back to racing with this weekend’s late model double-header. Friday night the trio will head north to Tri-County Motor Speedway in Hudson, N.C., before moving over to Caraway Speedway in Asheboro, N.C. for a Saturday night feature.
Late Model Stock 100 laps
Tri-County Motor Speedway
Friday, April 2 at 8 p.m.
Late Model Stock 150 laps
Saturday, April 3 at 8 p.m.
Team: No. 6 MBC Group Late Model
Crew Chief: Brent Cusick
Cherry on racing two different tracks in one weekend:
“We’re going to be busy this weekend, that’s for sure, but I’m looking forward to getting back behind the wheel. We’ve got a new sponsor on board this week with MBC Group, so I’d like to go out there and get a couple of good finishes for them. I had a good run at Tri-County last year when we went up there and I’m looking forward to going back.”
- Cherry scored two top 10s (seventh and fourth) on opening night at Greenville (S.C.) Pickens Speedway on March 13. He looks to continue his top-10 streak this weekend.
- Cherry made one start at Tri-County Motor Speedway in 2009 with Addis Motorsports. He finished sixth in the race.
- This will be Cherry’s first trip to Caraway Speedway.
Team: No. 5 Late Model
Crew Chief: Lynn Martin
Kasten on getting back to racing:
“I’ve been learning a lot in the shop and I’ve enjoyed helping my Revolution Racing teammates at the track these last couple of weeks, but I’m ready to get back behind the wheel. I’ve never raced at either track we’re running this weekend, so that will be a new experience for me. I’ve turned some laps at Tri-County before, though, and I’m pretty comfortable there. I think if we can put together a good qualifying run, we’ll be solid in the race.”
- Kasten scored a pair of eighth-place finishes in her debut at Greenville Pickens Speedway on March 13.
- Kasten has never raced at Tri-County Motor Speedway or Caraway Speedway. She has logged test laps in a late model at Tri-County in the past.
- Kasten started her racing career just three years ago, but has made up for lost time by running more than 20 late model and super late model events a year.
Team: No. 1 Late Model
Crew Chief: Brandon Butler
Reitenour on returning to Tri-County Motor Speedway:
“I had some good runs at Tri-County last year. We won the rookie of the year title and wound up fourth in the points at the end of the season. I’m excited to go back this year with Revolution Racing and contend for wins. It should be a good weekend for all three Revolution Racing drivers.”
- Reitenour finished 11th and 13th in her season debut at Greenville Pickens Speedway on March 13 after an engine change caused her to miss most of the day’s practice session.
- Reitenour ran a full late model season at Tri-County Motor Speedway in 2009, earning rookie of the year honors and finishing fourth overall in the standings.
- Reitenour has one pole at Tri-County Motor Speedway. Her best finish at the track is a third-place.
Back to News