Revolution Racing late model drivers Michael Cherry, Becca Kasten and Megan Reitenour have raced three different tracks so far this season – Caraway Speedway, Greenville Pickens Speedway and Tri-County Motor Speedway – and will add a fourth to their resume this weekend when they head to Hickory Motor Speedway on Saturday night.
Late Model Stock (50 laps)
Hickory Motor Speedway
Saturday, April 17 at 7 p.m.
Team: No. 6 MBC Group Late Model
Crew Chief: Brent Cusick
Cherry on his first start at Hickory Motor Speedway:
“Hickory is a great, old race track. There’s a reason they call it the birthplace of the NASCAR stars. A lot of great drivers have gotten there start at that place. We’ve run at some pretty historic tracks this year and I’m looking forward to adding Hickory to the list. Hopefully we can follow-up on what Jason (Romero) did last week and come away with a solid top five.”
- Cherry finished second at Tri-County Motor Speedway two weeks ago; the car he will be driving Saturday night finished fifth (with driver Jason Romero) at Hickory last week.
- Cherry has two top fives and four top 10s in four races so far this season.
- This is Cherry’s first career start at Hickory Motor Speedway. He’ll return to the track eight more times throughout the season.
Team: No. 5 Late Model
Crew Chief: Lynn Martin
Kasten on racing against her teammates:
“It’s an interesting dynamic to go out there and race against your teammates. At the end of the day, we’re all working on the race cars at the shop as a team, but we’re out on the track racing for position and you can’t be afraid to race hard. Michael (Cherry) and Megan (Reitenour) are tough competitors and I’m looking forward to seeing what we can do with them at Hickory.”
- Kasten is looking for her first top five of the season this weekend at Hickory. She has three top 10s in four starts.
- Kasten enjoys helping her teammates at the track on her off weekends, but is ready to get back behind the wheel.
- This is Kasten’s first career start at Hickory Motor Speedway. She’ll return to the track eight more times throughout the season.
Team: No. 1 Late Model
Crew Chief: Brandon Butler
Reitenour on Hickory Motor Speedway:
“I’m really looking forward to racing at Hickory again. We won a race there back in 2008 in the Super Cup Stock Car Series, overcoming some obstacles along the way. The Super Cup cars are pretty different from the late models I’m running now, but I think we’ll be good if we can qualify up front and put together a nice, clean run.”
- Reitenour has had success at Hickory in the past, winning the Extreme Trophies 100 (Super Cup Stock Car Series) in 2008.
- A string of bad luck has kept Reitenour outside of the top 10 so far this season. She’s looking to turn things around with a solid run at Hickory this weekend.
- Reitenour will have nine opportunities to make her return to victory lane at Hickory Motor Speedway this season.
Back to News