CHARLOTTE, N.C. — NASCAR announced Monday the 2011 Fueling Your Dreams Tour, a creative and multifaceted program whose aim is to identify talented drivers and provide them with the tools and opportunities to fulfill their dreams of becoming race car drivers.
Additionally, Fueling Your Dreams introduces a cross-section of young fans to NASCAR through resources, tools, experiential engagement and career opportunities within motorsports to help develop the next generation of motorsports executives.
“The Fueling Your Dreams Tour is an innovative, hands-on initiative that brings core elements of NASCAR to communities and new audiences across the country,” said Marcus Jadotte, NASCAR vice president, public affairs and multicultural development.
“NASCAR views this program as a necessary strategy to expose underserved communities to NASCAR and motorsports opportunities which can benefit all young people looking to connect with sports in non-traditional ways.”
Currently under way and continuing until the end of the racing season, the Fueling Your Dreams Tour will blanket the nation, touching youth and families through racing simulators, show cars, contests, giveaways and online racing. High school students can enjoy the NASCAR Fan Experience High School Outreach program brought to their schools exclusively. Among some of the other Fueling Your Dreams Tour programs:
- Children ages 8 to 13 can test their driving skills through Youth Karting experiences..
- Career Panels will reveal the depth of career opportunities in NASCAR specifically, and the motorsports industry in general.
- Opinion leaders in tour cities will learn more about NASCAR initiatives at Influencers Dinners.
- Megachurches throughout the South will have NASCAR integrated into Sunday services during Faith-Based Outreach days.
- Continued support for NASCAR’s history-making Drive for Diversity team.
The Fueling Your Dreams Tour hauler is a traveling display which is anchored by tour assets such as show cars, street cars, interactive displays, music, racing simulators and giveaways.
The Fueling Your Dreams Tour sponsors are NASCAR, Revolution Racing, the U.S. Army, iRacing, Playseat and Logitech and stops have included or will include: Atlanta, Charlotte, N.C., Greenville, S.C., Miami, Dover, Del., New Orleans, Hampton, Va., Dallas, Richmond, Va., South Boston, Va., Gresham, Ga., Sparta, Ky., Columbus, Ohio and Indianapolis.
Back to News