NASCAR Whelen All-American Series & NASCAR K&N Pro Series East
ERNIE FRANCIS JR.
Ernie Francis Jr., a five-time Trans Am Series Champion, will join Rev Racing and the NASCAR Drive for Diversity Driver Development Program for his second year. Francis will continue to run in the Trans Am Series while fielding a Late Model for Rev Racing in the Whelen All-American Series and scheduled NASCAR K&N Pro Series East road courses.
During his rookie season with Rev Racing, Francis earned one top-5, one top-10 and one pole award in just two races. In 2017, Francis also had a career-first start in the NASCAR Xfinity Series.
Francis, at the age of 16, became the youngest Trans Am Series Champion. He is also the most winningest driver in 50 years of the series.
- Youngest Trans Am Series Champion at the age of 16
- Youngest five-time Trans Am Series Champion at the age of 20
- Won the pole at New Jersey Motorsports Park in his rookie K&N Pro Series East season debut
- Trans Am TA1 Series Champion Driver in 2017 and 2018
- Pirelli World Challenge Rookie of the Year Award
- Trans Am Rookie of the Year Award
- Winningest driver in 50 years of the Trans Am Series
- FARA Miami 500 Champion in 2016
- Tested with SPM Motorsports in an Indy Lights car in 2016
- Made first NASCAR Xfinity Series start at Road America, finishing 39th (8/27/17)