Each year the NASCAR Drive for Diversity Initiative seeks to obtain the highest quality of applicants representing the most diverse backgrounds and develop them into successful NASCAR drivers. This selection process begins with the NASCAR Drive for Diversity Combine.Drivers who already participate in the NASCAR Drive for Diversity program and are demonstrating progress, though a combination of consistent top finishes in their respective series and positive evaluations, may be offered the opportunity to continue in the program without participating in an additional Combine. TIMELINE: Combine application is now opened year-round. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NOT LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 4, 2016 IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE 2016 NASCAR DRIVE FOR DIVERSITY PROGRAM. THERE WILL BE NO EXTENSIONS AND NO EXCEPTIONS. REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Be a female or member of one or more of the following ethnic minority classifications:
– Black or of Black African descent, Asian, Hispanic or Latino, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander, American Indian, Alaskan, of Native/Indigenous descent, two or more races (not Hispanic or Latino); or all persons who identify with more than one of these races
• Be at least 15 years of age but no older than 26 years of age as of October 15th of the present year
• Be legally eligible to work in the United States; drivers from foreign countries are welcome to apply. If the applicant is not already a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident alien, then the applicant must be legally capable of traveling to the designated location in the United States to participate in the NASCAR Drive for Diversity Combine. Applicants must also be able to obtain necessary authorization to accept employment in the United States if selected to participate in the D4D program.
APPLICATION PACKET REQUIREMENTS:
1. Submit a written application to Rev Racing by the established deadline. Any application submitted after the deadline will be retained for consideration in the following year’s program. The application MUST include:
A. One headshot photo and one on-track photo
B. Three written recommendations and character references
C. Complete race experience history/resume (include all relevant experience; include in sequential order the year, series/class, wins, Top-5’s, Top-10’s and relevant awards. Also include explanation for
years when racing did not occur)
D. A three to five-minute video sample of racing/driving experience showcasing at least three different events.
E. A short intro video (no more than 60 seconds) telling us why you should be the next D4D Driver
2. ALL areas MUST be completed or applications will not be forwarded to the selection committee for review and program consideration.
3. Digital photos/video are preferred and can be submitted through a Youtube link (preferred), on CD, DVD, or other portable storage devices.
PLEASE SEND COMPLETED APPLICATIONS (in electronic and hard copy format) TO: REV RACING
5254 Pit Road South
Concord, NC 28027
AGAIN, APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETE AND ARRIVE AT THE ABOVE ADDRESS NOT LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 4th, 2016 IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE 2016 COMBINE.
SCOUTING: After the application has been reviewed, there may be some applicants whose package requires further assessment. For these cases, two members of the review committee will contact the applicant and determine a time and location where their skills can be reviewed in a realistic and familiar setting. Scouting sessions may occur in late August through early September, if required. Once all scouting reports are returned the committee Chair and Co-Chair will approve the final acceptance list and direct the Rev Racing Combine Manager to notify all applicants of the committee’s decision. The final decision for Combine participation will occur in the month of September. Throughout the racing season, members of the review committee may hear of or witness drivers who possess the skills and ability to be competitive at the Combine. If this occurs, the committee member must notify the Chair and Co-Chair for approval to offer a “direct” invite to the Combine. No direct invites can occur after the final selection date.
SELECTION: The selection process will be based upon the best-qualified candidates. There will be no quota system. Only those applicants who truly possess the skills and ability to be competitive will be considered
NOTIFICATION: All candidates will be notified of their selection or non-selection NO LATER THAN October 1, 2016. Notifications will occur via email.